Developed in 1933, Clearprint vellum was used in the design of engineering projects like the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge, the B-17 Flying Fortress, and the NASA space shuttles. Originally intended to be a drafting tool, it is also loved by artists as a unique substrate for applying a wide range of wet and dry media, including oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, charcoals, colored pencils, and inks.
- 8x8 grid (1/8" grid) sheet style.
- 50 sheets of 1000H 16 lb (60 g) vellum paper per book.
- Archival, highly durable, and made from 100% cotton.
- Translucent—great for tracing and layering sheets.
- Detachable slip sheet that can be used as an opaque backing.
- Glue binding that allows sheets to be cleanly torn out.
- Thick cardboard back cover
- Small brochure of tips and techniques.
- Designed and made in the USA.
Note: When using dry media, Clearprint recommends applying a fixative spray to finished works to prevent smudging.
Also pictured: Rotring 600 Drafting Pencil, Sonic Nano Pita Rulers, Copic Sketch Markers.