|Model Number||MONTEVERDE MV26915|
|Shipping Weight||7.55 oz|
|Design Style||Demonstrator, Modern|
|Diameter - Grip||9.9 mm|
|Diameter - Max||12.9 mm|
|Length - Capped||12.9 cm|
|Length - Posted||15.4 cm|
|Length - Uncapped||11.7 cm|
|Pre-Installed Ink Color||Black, Blue|
|Tip Length||17.6 mm|
|Tip Material||Iridium Tip, Metal (Stainless Steel)|
March 21, 2013
I love the look. Feels...
I love the look. Feels great in your hand. But I am puzzled.
The reviews here all say smooth writing.
Mine wrote horribly. Stiff and scratchy.
Very disappointed. I am wondering if I can get a different nib for this pen??
Everything else is perfect -- but if it scratches when it writes -- not good.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
March 4, 2013
Good, but not perfect. The...
Good, but not perfect.
- Silky smooth nib. Hard to ask for a better feeling on the page at this price point. Much smoother than a medium Lamy nib. Runs at about a true medium in my opinion.
- Very pretty color
- Substantial plastic body, not flimsy-feeling. Has a decent amount of weight.
- Stays fairly balanced when posted
- Clear feed is a fun gimmick, allows you to see the color of your ink and whether the feed is saturated or not.
- Comfortable round grip, fingers don't slide, though it lacks a finger guard above the nib (i.e. Pilot Metropolitan grip)
- Leaks! Agh! The converter doesn't sit completely flush in the grip section, and some ink tends to slowly leak out into the pen body and cap. It is also very finicky if the converter is twisted down too far and will leak out of the grip section just above where the feed is fit.
- Possible misprint with the body - the converter seems to sit a wee bit crooked in the pen body itself. May or may not be the cause of the leaking.
- Somewhat dry feed. Ink colors are not as vivid as they are in other pens and tend to look a little washed-out.
Despite these gripes I really like this pen, and I love the style of it. It has its ups and downs, so think carefully and study reviews. But if you like a nib that feels as smooth as silk on the page, this is worth a shot.
July 23, 2012
I thought this pen looked...
I thought this pen looked really nice on the website and seemed pretty cheap. I had bought a Monteverde pen once before (several years ago) and threw it away after a few weeks as the nib was awful. I swore I'd never buy another. But as this pen looked so beautiful and was so cheap I decided to risk it. Well it came today and looks even nicer in reality - it's a stunning looking pen. I filled it with Iroshizuku Yama-buda (Bordeaux) and it writes really smoothly. I love it! Now the problem is, what colour ink do I use in it next?
July 3, 2012
I finally purchased...
I finally purchased this pen I have been drooling over. It came last night (yea!! for JetPens' quick service) I loaded it up with a J. Herbin cartridge. This pen is very beautiful and writes so smoothly. It is very comfortable to hold. It only has a medium nib - which makes a nice bold line. I haven't had any skips or scratchiness when writing - just nice smooth lines. I plan to use this daily at the office.
July 3, 2012
I finally purchased this...
I finally purchased this pen I have been drooling over. It came last night (yea! for quick JetPens' service) and I loaded it up with a J. Herbin cartridge. It writes so smoothly. The pen itself is very beautiful and comfortable to hold. It only comes with a medium nib - which make a nice bold line. It also comes with a converter to use with bottled ink and instructions for filling. Can't wait to try this next. I plan to use this daily at the office.
So far no skips or scratchiness when writing. Just beautiful smooth lines.