Noodler's inks are known for their affordability, wide range of colors, and good performance on more absorbent papers that are not normally fountain pen friendly. They are also known for their distinctive label art, featuring unique drawings that often reflect their creator's strongly held political and economic ideals. Dedicated to keeping prices as low as possible, Noodler's uses simple bottles and packaging, with boxes made of recycled paper. All Noodler's inks are 100% made in the USA.
This ink is part of Noodler's Baystate series of intensely vivid inks, inspired by a 1940s recreation of inks used in colonial Boston.
- Water Resistant: This ink resists the effects of water. It may still smear, discolor, or run slightly if exposed to water, but anything written with it will remain legible.
- Forgery Resistant: This ink is resistant to lasers, alcohols, and solvents used by forgers and check-washers.
This ink comes with a free "Charlie" eyedropper pen, which can be filled using the eyedropper built into the bottle's cap. The color and pattern of the cap may vary from the pen pictured.
- This ink has a higher pH than other inks. Noodler's Baystate inks have a unique formulation and should not be mixed with any inks except other Baystate inks. Clean your pen thoroughly before and after using this ink, as any traces will react with other inks and potentially clog the pen. We do not recommend using these inks in vintage pens or in very valuable pens.
- This ink can stain plastic and other hard surfaces it comes in contact with. These stains can usually be removed by cleaning with a 10:1 solution of water and bleach.
- This ink comes in a 4.5 oz glass eyedropper bottle.
- Glass Noodler's ink bottles are filled to the brim with ink. Be careful when opening to avoid spilling.
- The included pen may have a strong smell when it is first received. The smell will fade over time and with use.
- See this chart for a list of Noodler's inks and their special properties.
This is the 4.5 oz Baystate Concord Grape ink. Photos of a pen filled with ink feature the pen and ink from the 4.5 oz Heart of Darkness ink.