Noodler's inks are known for their affordability, wide range of colors, and good performance on more absorbent papers that are not normally fountain pen friendly. They are also known for their distinctive label art, featuring unique drawings that often reflect their creator's strongly held political and economic ideals. Dedicated to keeping prices as low as possible, Noodler's uses simple bottles and packaging, with boxes made of recycled paper. All Noodler's inks are 100% made in the USA.
This unique indigo ink was reverse-engineered from remnants of ancient inkstones used by early Chinese royalty during the time of Confucius. In gratitude for the assistance Noodler's received in recreating this special ink, it is named in honor of the 77th lineal descendant of Confucius, Mr. Kung Te-Cheng.
- Bulletproof: This ink is water resistant on cellulose-based papers and resists all known tools of forgers, including UV light, bleach, alcohol, and other solvents. This ink may still be vulnerable to smearing when exposed to water.
- Eternal: Made to resist the effects of time, this ink is archival, fade resistant, and unaffected by humid or acidic conditions.
This ink comes with a free "Charlie" eyedropper pen, which can be filled using the eyedropper built into the bottle's cap. The color and pattern of the pen cap may vary from the pen pictured.
- This ink uses a special formulation that can cause clogs if allowed to dry out inside a pen. Noodler's recommends only using this ink in the included Charlie pen. If a clog does occur, we recommend flushing the pen with a 10:1 solution of water and ammonia.
- This ink comes in a 4.5 ml glass eyedropper bottle.
- Glass Noodler's ink bottles are filled to the brim with ink. Be careful when opening to avoid spilling.
- The included pen may have a strong smell when it is first received. The smell will fade over time and with use.
- See this chart for a list of Noodler's inks and their special properties.
This is the 4.5 oz Kung Te-Cheng ink. Photos of a pen filled with ink feature the pen and ink from the 4.5 oz Heart of Darkness ink.