Noodler's inks are known for their affordability, wide range of colors, and good performance on more absorbent papers that are not normally fountain pen friendly. They are also known for their distinctive label art, featuring unique drawings that often reflect their creator's strongly held political and economic ideals. Dedicated to keeping prices as low as possible, Noodler's uses simple bottles and packaging, with boxes made of recycled paper. All Noodler's inks are 100% made in the USA.
This unique golden brown ink is composed of two elements, a waterproof purple base and a water-soluble yellow dye. Noodler's describes it as having "a bulletproof patrician core color of Caesar’s purple with the colors of the inferno that wash away from it with excess liquidity." When exposed to water, the yellow dye will spread, leaving rich purple letters surrounded in a fiery golden halo. p>
- Partially Bulletproof: Some of the color of this ink may run or fade if exposed to water, solvents, or UV light, but a Bulletproof core color will remain unaffected and perfectly legible.
- Made to resist the effects of time, this ink is archival, fade resistant, and unaffected by humid or acidic conditions.
- Forgery Resistant: This ink is resistant to lasers, alcohols, and solvents used by forgers and check-washers.
- This ink may come in either a glass or plastic bottle and vary from the bottle pictured.
- Glass Noodler's ink bottles are filled to the brim with ink. If you receive this ink in a glass bottle, be careful when opening it to avoid spilling.
- See this chart for a list of Noodler's inks and their special properties.