Part of Pilot's "Custom" family of high-quality gold nib fountain pens, the Custom 912 features a sleek and stylish combination of black resin and rhodium trim. What it's best known for, however, is its wide selection of interesting and exotic nibs.
This particular pen features an Extra Fine nib. Descriptions of all the available nib options for the Custom 912 are listed below:
- The Extra Fine nib is a needlepoint nib for creating incredibly thin lines and writing.
- The Falcon nib is a highly flexible nib designed to imitate the feel of writing with a brush. It can be used for Western flex-nib calligraphy, but doing so requires writing slowly to let the ink flow keep up. The Falcon nib gives about as much line variation as the Pilot Elabo Soft Extra Fine, but it flexes with much less pressure.
- The Music nib is a wide italic nib with two ink slits and three tines for a wet, consistent ink flow.
- The Soft Fine nib gives moderate line variation and a soft, cushioned feel during writing, similar to the Pilot Elabo Soft Fine.
- The Stub nib is an italic nib that creates broad downstrokes and thin side-strokes.
- The Waverly nib is a fine nib with an upturned tip shape that provides a remarkably smooth writing experience, regardless of writing style and paper texture. It is especially well-suited to left-handed writers who use up-strokes that can cause other fountain pens to skip or dig into the paper.
This pen comes in an attractive gift box and includes one blue ink cartridge and a high-capacity CON-70 converter.