Let me start off by saying...
Let me start off by saying that I'm not really the type of person to pick and
choose brands or to outright hate an entire brand's product line. I generally
enjoy Pilot's products and have enjoyed many of their high-quality writing
instruments. Unfortunately, I have few positive things to say about the Pilot
+ There is a very wide selection of colors, some of which are very unique.
+ The first time I saw a spring-clip, I thought it was the dumbest and most
useless idea ever. I was wrong.
+ The general design of the pen is cute and simple.
- These may be the scratchiest gel pens that I have ever written with, even at
0.5 mm. I couldn't imagine how scratchy the 0.38 mm is.
- The Hi-Tec-C 0.38 mm pen writes a million times smoother than these pens.
- When writing, even without applying pressure, you can see a line where the
ball point of the pen separates the ink. I'm not sure how to describe this
accurately, but it basically looks like a hollow line; the tip puts out two thin
side-by-side lines because the tip scratches through the middle.
- The colors, though there are many options, are not very true-to-title. By
this, I mean that the colors are not vibrant and do not closely match their
names or the color of the barrel.
- I experienced a lot of skipping with the medium colors. The very darks and
very lights were okay.
If you're looking for a smooth-writing gel pen with a spring-clip and a large
variety of colors, I recommend the Zebra Sarasa line. They are almost identical
in design and work much better in my opinion.
10 people found this helpful