The European Model of the Platinum Fountain Pen Ink Cleaner Kit contains a dropper that will fit most fountain pens that accept international short size cartridges only
, along with five packs of Ink Cleaner Concentrate. This Platinum Cleaner Kit is especially useful for cleaning fountain pens that have old ink inside, or pens that have not been cleaned in a while.
1) Affix dropper to inside nib area where the ink cartridge normally goes. Use clean water in a cup to clean the nib by squeezing water in and out of the dropper while affixed to the nib.
2) Prepare lukewarm, clean water in the amount of 100 ml.
3) Mix one pack of Ink Cleaner Concentrate into the clean lukewarm water.
4) Soak nib (with dropper removed) in the mixed liquid for approximately 24 hours.
5) Remove the nib from the cleaner liquid, and affix the dropper again to wash it in a cup of clean water again.
6) Rinse everything with clean running water, then wipe with a dry cloth.
Please note that the writing may be a bit watery once a new ink is installed, but the pen should start writing normally after some test writing on a scratch piece of paper.