1 person found this helpful
I meant to say that The...
, October 27, 2011
I meant to say that The platinum pro-use II looks much thicker than my rotring's
grip, which I why I just ordered one. But still I really enjoy the look and feel
of the silver .35 rotring.
| This pencil delivers...
, February 10, 2014
This pencil delivers all that's needed in a mechanical pencil, ONLY what's
needed, and it takes every little detail to perfection. From tip to cap:
- The lead sleeve is sturdy and perfectly visible at all times;
- In conjunction with Pentel's high quality lead, the precise mechanism and
sleeve hold the lead well, do not wobble or shear the lead and allow fine
writing with spectacular endurance*;
- The mechanism is not clicky (to my slight disappointment) but it is very
tactile and precise;
- The knurled grip completely eliminates slip without being biting or
- The lead sleeve and grip assembly is replaceable, so this pencil will follow
you for life even if you manage to jam it or break the sturdy lead sleeve;
- The hexagonal body is stylish and practical in that it keeps the pencil from
- The clip is low-profile, bendable yet strong;
- The lead grade indicator has just the right amount of friction so it's easy to
set and won't drift away;
- The cap fits between the barrel and the body using a simple yet ingenious
little protruding strip of metal that bends when you insert the cap.
I used 0.9mm for over 5 years and decided to take a big plunge into extra-fine
writing. I am SO GLAD I did. This pencil, in combination with the lead I chose,
Pentel Ain Stein 0.3mm B grade, smoothly creates dark, crisp, smudge-resistant
lines. It is truly writing paradise.
*: With 0.8mm of lead extended (two clicks), I apply as much pressure as I used
to on 0.9mm and it doesn't even come close to breaking. I had my dad try it, he
who is used to writing huge letters in wooden pencils which are practically
indestructible in comparison to mechanical pencil lead, and he had no issues at
all. I can write very legible text with a full centimeter of lead extended
(!!!!!) while most people I know use cheapass 0.5mm lead and a dollar pencil and
their leads are exploding constantly. Sucks to be them!
** A little trick for picking up little specks of dust from the grip is to use a
soft eraser and just press it against the area where a speck of dust got stuck,
without rubbing (rubbing intently with your finger or an eraser will make it
worse). The dust will adhere to the eraser and you can keep your grip nice and
black. Wipe your eraser and repeat as needed.
| Best pen ever! Far superiour...
, August 12, 2013
Best pen ever! Far superiour to the Pentel Graphgear series. I've tried all
kinds of versions of them and this is playing in it's own league.
| Excellent in all ways....
, April 19, 2013
Excellent in all ways. I'll list my shortcomings:
1. Thin lead like this breaks easily and wears quickly, so I switched from
Rotring HB lead, to Ain Stein 2B. While it is softer and still wears quickly,
the darker line means I don't have to apply as much pressure, and so the lead
doesn't break nearly as often. I'd recommend a 2B lead for this thickness.
2. As with the other Rotring 600's, the weight balance is neutral, and I prefer
more weight near the tip. But this is a matter of preference.
3. I'm always afraid I'll damage the tip.
| This drafting pencil...
, October 7, 2012
This drafting pencil truly lives up to it's hype. It fits comfortably in my
hands and has a nice feel to it. It's heavy and solid, but very well balanced.
I'm heavy-handed and I grip my pencils firmly (almost with an iron grip!) when I
write or draw. I've been looking to break this habit, and surprisingly enough,
the weight of this drafting pencil combats that perfectly. I've only been using
it for a few days since I got it, but I now write and draw with a lighter hand,
as the weighted pencil does the work for me! The tip is strong, and it glides
smoothly across the paper. I haven't had any problems with lead breakage at all
(due to being heavy-handed) so I'm extremely satisfied and am looking to invest
in the other sizes in the future!