I just received my regulator...
I just received my regulator .5 and a previous review was right. It's like the
BMW M3 of drafting pencils. Top of the line...and probably the best mid-range
drafting pencil out there. I was looking to by the best and I'm pretty sure that
I found it.
- All metal. Feels great and looks super sick :D
- Best looking drafting pencil on this site and other sites.
- The clip looks way better than the graphgear pencils.
- The top of the pencil (where it says .5) looks awesome
- The grip is really nice. I use alpha gels a lot, but they've been stuck in my
pencil case ever since I got this. ^^
-The regulator functions exactly how Jetpens said it would.
- Nice weight. Actually, wait...never mind. AWESOME weight.
- There's a little nub on the clip that's super strong. Therefore, it's
impossible to clip sheets of paper. While the clip looks nicer than the
graphgear clip, the graphgear clip is much more useful whereas this clip is just
for looks and so the pencil doens't roll down your desk.
-There's a rattling sound when you write. I'm not sure where it's from though. I
assume it's coming from the regulator part of the pencil.
- The tip doesn't retract. :/ This is a concern because i don't want it to get
bent in my backpack or anything. (Thinking of buying a separate case that only
holds 1 pencil)
- The visual appeal of the regulator isn't as nice as I thought it would be. I
thought there would be a plastic window or something over it and that the black
"tank" was filled with a liquid or something. No such luck. When you turn the
regulator, the painted metal piece inside simply turns and "fills" the
tank/window. Oh well.
1 person found this helpful