|Pens||Refills & Inks||Pencils||Erasers||Cases & Bags||Paper||Craft||Office||Blog||New Arrivals|
To insert the ink or pencil components into the Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto multi pen bodies, first open the cap at the top of the pen body:
(the cap can be stuck on pretty tightly, but use of a fingernail under the tab will help open it up)
Then, slide in the components inside the little spring with the pen tip going in first. The corresponding push buttons have small tabs on the side, which need to slide into the matching spaces.
Repeat as necessary to fill all of the available spaces in your Coleto pen.
After you have put in all the components to fill you Colet multi pen, simply close the top cap with a *click* and viola! You're done!
When you’re in class taking notes and find yourself needing to switch from blue to red ink quickly, a multi pen can come in handy. Multi pens combine multiple writing instruments into one pen body which is especially useful for students, as well as professionals that need to be able to write with more than one ink color on a single document. Many multi pens also include a pencil as a convenient way to have an erasable tool included with your inks.
Multi pens that contain pencil components usually refill in a different manner from single-unit mechanical pencils. Instead of removing the eraser to drop refill lead into the chamber like you would on a standard mechanical pencil, the lead for the mechanical pencil component in multi pen has to be refilled from the inside. This refilling method applies to the vast majority of multi pens models that include pencil components, like the Uni-ball Jetstream 4&1, Pilot Dr. Grip 4+1, and Zebra Clip-On Series pens.
Once you know the technique to refilling the lead in these multi pens, you’ll be able to refill almost any other brands or models. Simply follow the steps listed below.
1. First, unscrew the body of your multi pen. Most multi pens (like the Uni-ball Jetstream 4&1 pictured) allow the entire grip section to twist off the barrel, exposing the components inside.
2. Next, pull off the end of the mechanical pencil section. More often than not, this is the actual piece that acts to dispense the lead, and can be easily removed from the lead storage tube with a firm tug.
3. While holding the multi pen body with the opening of the lead storage tube facing upwards, add more lead into the tube. Limit the amount of lead stored to 1-3 pieces only, in order to prevent lead stacking.
4. Once you have inserted your refill lead, close the storage tube by pressing the pencil mechanism back over the opening.
5. Reassemble your multi pen by screwing the barrel and grip pieces back together, and you’re good to go!
After your pen is back together, you can click the exposed pencil component a few times to get the lead flow started. Keep in mind that a lot of multi pens require you to press down the pen clip to expose the pencil first, and then you can continue to click down the clip to expose more lead.
You can find all of our multi pens here.
Three cheers for the Hi-Tec-C Coleto! This device takes the all-time favorite, the Pilot Hi-Tec-C, and makes it into a multi pen! The Pilot Hi-Tec-C is currently one of Japan's most popular gel ink pens. It is famous for its fine point tip and smooth writing. Now you can pop in any two or three Hi-Tec-C Coleto color cartridges of your choice and customize the colors of your multi-pen. Cartridges come in 0.3mm, .4mm and 0.5mm sizes and over 15 lush colors. You can choose a pen body that fits either two or three ink cartridges.
What you need: One Pilot Coleto Body and either two or three ink color cartridges, depending on what type of pen body you have.
What you get: A fine point multi-pen with colors customized to your taste!
How: Using your Hi-Tec-C Coleto is easy, just follow these three simple steps!
1. Open the cap of your pen body.
2. Insert the ink cartridge refills into its desired position.
3. Close the cap.
Voila! You're done! Now you have a multi pen that is as unique as you are.
Teachers who prefer not to use red ink love this pen as they can customize their grading with violet, pink or blue colors. Lawyers who need to color code facts and documents also love this pen. Remember, you can also use the Hi-Tec-C Coleto ink cartridges with the Zebra Clip-on Multi Pen to create a Hi-Tec-C Multi Pen that includes a pencil!