|Pens||Refills & Inks||Pencils||Erasers||Cases & Bags||Paper||Craft||Office||Blog||New Arrivals|
The term "D1" refers to a standard ballpoint pen refill size, which is 67 mm long and approximately 2.3mm in diameter. These refills are inside many compact pens and multi pens.
The team at JetPens has compiled a list of all our ballpoint pens and multi pens that accept D1 refills, which you can view below:
Zebra Minna Mini Ballpoint Pens with Japanese Print
Zebra Penpod Mini Keychain Pens
Zebra Mini T3 Ballpoint Pen
Tombow Pfit Clip Mini Ballpoint Pens
Zebra Sharbo X Multi Pen System
Platinum Double R3 Action Multi Pens
Platinum MWB-1000C 2 Color 0.7 mm Ballpoint Multi Pens
Platinum Double Action R3 Modern Lacquer Ballpoint Multi Pens
Platinum Double Action R3 High Quality Wood 2 Color 0.7 mm Ballpoint Multi Pen + 0.5 mm Pencil
Platinum Double 3 Action Transparent Body 2 Color 0.7 mm Ballpoint Multi Pen + 0.5 mm Pencil
Platinum Double 3 Action Pocket 2 Color 0.7 mm Ballpoint Multi Pen + 0.5 mm Pencil
Platinum Double 3 Action Multi Pens
Rotring Tikky 3 in 1 2 Color 0.7 mm Ballpoint Multi Pen + 0.5 mm Pencils
Since all of these pens use the same size refills, this means that you can interchange them. For example, you can use the smooth gel ink refills from the Sharbo X line inside your favorite Platinum Double 3 Action multi pen!
Removing and storing an ink cartridge that is already in use is simple.
What you need: fountain pen, running water, paper towel.
1. Disassemble the body of your pen.
2. Carefully remove the ink cartridge with the nib facing upward.
3. You can save the cartridge by sealing the opening with some tape or by pouring the remnant into an ink bottle.
4. Thoroughly clean your fountain pen by flushing it out with cool water. Cover the nib with a paper towel (not tissue, as this can leave lint on the nib) and shake away excess moisture. Flush again until water runs clear, shake again and leave the pen out to dry.
Now your fountain pen is ready to be used with new ink! Be sure to check out our bottled fountain pen inks!
August 21, 2008 - Posted by Elizabeth to Refills
(Picture above shows the Platinum Preppy Fountain pen, Preppy Fluorescent Highlighter, and Preppy Sign Marker.)
The designers of the Platinum Preppy line had environmental conservation and practicality in mind. Ink for the Preppy line can be refilled with an ink cartridge, and the tip of the marker and highlighter line can be replaced. One simple pen can undergo years of use and abuse. This article illustrates how to replace the tip of the Preppy Sign Marker and Preppy Fluorescent Highlighter. Though the pictures only show the Preppy Sign Marker, the exact same steps will work for the Preppy Fluorescent Highlighter as well.
1. Find the white color base of the marker or highlighter tip.
2. Pull the old tip straight out with your fingers.
3. Insert your new marker tip and push tightly to close.
There you have it! You have saved the environment and money by replacing the tip of your Preppy pen!
August 19, 2008 - Posted by Elizabeth to Refills
Refill cartridges are a great way to keep your writing instrument filled with ink without having to deal with messy liquids or converters. Just puncture the ink cartridge by pushing it into the body of your writing instrument. They are a wonderfully modern innovation that allows you to keep your writing instrument always moist and ready. It's easy to use them, and this article will take you through the process.
The first step to using a refill cartridge is to identify the opening. You can usually identify the opening of an ink cartridge by noting a cup-like rim on one end. Sometimes you may even see a metal or plastic ball inside the rim to act as a seal for the ink (it will be pushed in when the cartridge is punctured.) The following picture shows a close up of some of our popular ink cartridge refills.
The ink cartridges shown are:
1. Ohto Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge (OHTO FCR-6)
2. Pilot Petit1 Mini Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge (PILOT IRF-10SP)
3. Akashiya Brush Pen Ink Refill Cartridge (AKASHIYA SKI-200)
4. Pentel Pocket Brush Pen for Calligraphy Refill Cartridge (PENTEL FP10-A)
5. Pilot & Namiki Fountain Pen Ink Cartridge (PILOT NAM 69100)
6. Platinum Preppy Marker & Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge (PLATINUM SPN-100A)
7. Lamy Fountain Pen Ink Cartridge (LAMY LT10)
How: The following pictures show how to refill with an ink cartridge by using the Platinum Preppy Sign Marker as an example.
1. Identify the opening of the cartridge as explained above. As you can see, the Platinum Preppy Marker & Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge (PLATINUM SPN-100A) has a telltale metal ball at its opening (other refill cartridges may show only a plastic cup.)
2. Puncture the cartridge by pushing it firmly into the plastic protrusion inside the pen body.
3. Leave your pen facing downwards until the ink soaks through the tip. If you want, you can cover the tip with a tissue and gently shake the pen or *gently* give the cartridge a light squeeze.
Now you're ready to go! Enjoy!