|Pens||Refills & Inks||Pencils||Erasers||Cases & Bags||Paper||Craft||Office||Blog||New Arrivals|
August 14, 2013
I was looking for my...
I was looking for my very first fountain pen. I did not want to spend a lot in case I decided it wasn't for me and decided to try this Lamy Safari. I purchased it with the converter so I could use other inks.
- Writes smooth! It's like butter! I haven't had any issues with skipping.
- The blue ink cartridge that came with it is a soft blue but was surprised that it didn't bleed through the cheap notebook paper.
- Has a window to see ink level
- Converter works as described
- I do not hold a pen the traditional way. I hold it using my thumb, index and middle finger. It hurt to write for extended periods due to the grooves on the pen.
- I contacted customer service to see if they would take it back if I flushed the ink out completely. They said that they do not take back any pens that have been used (ink passes nib). I only used the blue cartridge after they refused to take it back.
* Note that the fine nib writes like a medium. I prefer fine - medium point, so I was with the size.
I managed to make it work by getting a patterned sheet of duck tape and made a holder that I can just slip on and off the pen. The holder takes away from the elegance but at least I can use it now.